Appendix A: York University - COVID-19 Screening Checklist
This checklist provides basic information only. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
As you know, COVID-19 continues to evolve quickly. Given this situation, we are conducting passive screening for potential risks of COVID-19 with everyone entering the campus to ensure the safety and well-being of our community.
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher)
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Croup (barking cough)
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sore throat
- Headache that is unusual or long lasting
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Falling down often
- Have you traveled outside Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case?
- Have you been notified by Public Health that you have had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside Canada in the last 14 days?
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, you are not to attend any York campus.
If you have answered NO to all questions, you have passed the passive screening and can enter the campus.
Note: If you are observed displaying any Covid19 related symptoms after being granted access, you will be required to leave immediately.
While on campus, you are expected to:
- Maintain a physical distance of 2m (6 feet) from others
- Practice frequent hand hygiene
- Practice respiratory etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your sleeve, and
- Wear a non-medical face and nose covering
Please continue to follow Government of Ontario and Toronto Public Health COVID-19 prevention measures.