Appendix A: COVID-19 Screening Checklist
This checklist provides basic information only. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
As you know, the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve quickly. Given this situation, we are screening for potential risks of COVID-19 with everyone who may be entering our campuses to ensure the safety and well-being of our community.
1. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Choose any or all symptoms that are new, worsening, and not related to other known causes or conditions:
- Fever (feeling hot to the touch, having a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100.4 Degrees Fahrenheit or higher)
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Croup (barking cough)
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sore throat
- Headache that is unusual or long lasting
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Falling down often
2. Have you traveled outside Canada within the last 14 days? Yes/No
3. Have you travelled outside of Ontario (within Canada) in the last 14 days? Yes/No
4. In the last 14 days, have you been in close physical contact with someone who currently has COVID-19? This includes getting a COVID-19 Alert exposure notification. Yes/No
5. Has a doctor, health care provider (i.e., Telehealth), or public health told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)? Yes/No
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, you are not to attend activities at any of York University’s campuses/locations. Refer to ‘What you need to know’ on YU Better Together for the next steps.
If you have answered NO to all questions, you have passed the passive screening and can enter the campus/location. Note: If you are observed displaying any Covid-19 related symptoms after being granted access, you will be required to leave immediately.
While on campus, you are expected to:
• Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from others,
• Practice frequent hand hygiene, and
• Practice respiratory etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your sleeve
• Wear a mask or face covering in all enclosed spaces
• Wear eye protection (e.g. safety glasses, face shield) in addition to a mask or face covering if within 2 meters of someone else who is not wear a mask or face covering.
Please continue to follow Government of Ontario and Toronto Public Health COVID-19 prevention measures. Thank you.