We are looking forward to welcoming you to York for the Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Session and want to take this opportunity to provide you with information about course enrolment.
Select your Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Courses
The York Courses website has been updated with course offerings for Fall/Winter 2020-2021. Fall term courses will be offered, for the most part, through online/remote delivery. To the extent possible and in accordance with expert guidance from our public health authorities, we may be able to offer selected in-person smaller classes and tutorials, experiential activities such as studio and labs, and re-establish access to our research facilities. When you are looking at a course in the York Courses website, assume that it is being offered online and that you do not need to commute to campus unless you see a notation otherwise in the Notes section.
Most course types will be listed as ONLN, LECT or BLEN:
- ONLN courses have no scheduled meeting times, so you can choose your own pace as long as you meet coursework deadlines provided by the course instructor.
- LECT or BLEN courses have all or some scheduled online meeting times.
- Labs and tutorials with no in-person component may be delivered through any of the above course types.
You should begin reviewing course offerings and deciding on your choices now.
Optimize Your Schedule
As you browse and select courses for Fall/Winter 2020-2021, you can use the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB) to create an optimal course schedule for yourself. The VSB will allow you to sort your course timetable preferences by day of the week and time of day and block off times when you would like to avoid courses because of other commitments. Visit the VSB website for instructions and tips on building your best course schedule.
Enrol in Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Courses
Please check MyFile to confirm when your enrolment appointment begins.
If you are entering the Faculty of Arts, Media Performance & Design; Environmental & Urban Change; Health; or Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, you will enrol in classes after completing the YUSTART enrolment module.
If you are entering the Schulich School of Business, Lassonde School of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, or you are a student transferring from another college or university, you were or will be provided with academic advising through your Faculty to support your transition to York. If you still have questions about which courses to enrol in, contact your Faculty’s Academic Advising Office for assistance. They are available to help you online.
Ask for help
You can also access a variety of resources to support your success with online learning:
- Learning Skills Services and Student Community & Leadership Development have a variety of online learning strategies and tips, as well as health and wellness resources.
- The Online Learning Protocol for York University Students includes information and tips on using the variety of online learning tools through which your courses will be offered.
- Visit My Online Services for virtual services and self-serve tools to get what you need, when you need it, from wherever you are.
- For questions about immigration – study permits, work permits, starting classes online outside of Canada or general international student questions, please email email@example.com. For questions about UHIP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Student Counselling & Development is available for single-session or emergency support at 416-736-5297. A list of additional virtual counselling, crises and support services is available on their website.
- Reach out to Student Community Relations at email@example.com or visit oscr.students.yorku.ca if you need referrals and support, both internal and external to York, help with complex issues or assistance with personal issues related to the pandemic.
We wish you a great summer and look forward to welcoming you to York in the fall!
Darran A. Fernandez