As per the communication on March 17 regarding the University moving to offer only required services on our campuses, you’ll be aware that effective end of day Thursday, March 19, buildings on our campuses will close with limited access as needed for required services.
Please see below for clarification of what that means for you.
- If you have an accommodated exam or test scheduled through the Alternate Exams/Test Centre, the Centre will be in contact with you directly.
- Residences and apartments are open for those students with extenuating circumstances (e.g. that cannot go home at this time). Please complete the Changes to Your Housing Status Form if you have not already done so.
Required Services that will still be open on campus
Here’s a list of what is considered in-person or physical required services. This list is subject to change.
- IT Help Desk service support in Steacie.
- Community Safety Services will continue (including goSafe until end of term)
- Facilities Services: Maintenance, Grounds, Central Utilities, and Custodial services will continue. Students can report any issues by phone or online by visiting the Housing web site.
- Food Services: Stong, Winters, and Glendon Cafeterias will remain open, as well at the Tim Horton’s in William Small.
- York Lanes: Appletree, Shopper’s Drug Mart and Grocery Checkout remain open.
- Mail will continue to be delivered to the undergraduate residence Housing offices. Mail is delivered directly to the York Apartments by Canada Post.
- The York Bookstore is also continuing to receive and process online orders.
We will provide more information about those required services being offered online or virtually in the next few days. Visit My OnlineServices for updates.
More information will follow as it becomes available. Please review all student communication on the Coronavirus Information & Update website.